I’m as thankful as the next person. I feel extremely blessed with a wonderful family, a church that I love, health, friends, employment, etc…..the list goes on and on. The truth is, I feel entirely inadequate in expressing my gratitude to God for all of my blessings. So this year I have decided to do something different than be grateful. I”m going to “do” grateful.
Over the years I’ve learned that if I want to “be” something – I need to “do” it.
- If I want to be more faithful to Christ – I need to exercise more faith in Him.
- If I want to be a charitable person – I need to practice loving kindness.
- If I want to be more knowledgeable about the gospel – I need to study more.
- If I want to be a person with integrity – I need to work at being honest in difficult situations.
I decided that if I want to be a more thoughtful, grateful and appreciative person – I should work at showing God that appreciation. I should ‘put meaning where my mouth was‘.
Jesus, Himself, said – “If ye love me, feed my sheep.” And, “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” He also said, “Love one another, as I have loved you.” So, the way to express my love and appreciation for God is clear – I will keep His commandments and love and serve others.
During this Thanksgiving week, I will pray for eyes to see where I can help. I will watch for ways to lift another’s burden. I will ask Heavenly Father to bless my ears that they may recognize another’s need and my mouth to speak words of comfort.
I have no idea where I will find these opportunities – but I’m sure they will come. I hope I can see, lift, listen and reassure, the way God has so lovingly done for me!
My goal is to celebrate “Thanksdoing” this year.
- “Women of Faith” – I am a better person after reading this book!
- THAT is how you live a life!