This post is an FYA (for your action), not an FYI (for your information). The goal is that 90% of its readers will commit to action within the next 24 hours!
If, for whatever reason, you feel you will not be able to commit to a member missionary FYA at this time, you are invited to view this picture of a mystery animal instead……
If you are still reading this post……Congratulations! Your FIRST reward is to learn that the mystery animal above is a none other than a darling, sweet, cuddly emu!
Your SECOND reward is the blessing you’re sure to receive from your contribution to the Hastening of the Work of Salvation! Thank you!
Alright, HERE’S THE PLAN!
Within the next 24 hours (go ahead and look at the clock), we will all choose 1 thing from the following list to accomplish. Think of the work that can be done if we ALL choose just ONE way to share the gospel – and do it within the next 24 hours! Truly the work of salvation will be hastened as others are invited to come unto Christ! Together we can share this wonderful gospel ’till it has sounded in every ear…..one member at a time!!!
OK….Here are the items….the clock is ticking!
Choose one or more of the following (or of course, you may create an FYA of your own!):
- Share the Bible Story of the Nativity on your Facebook wall. You may copy and paste the following link: http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/bible-videos-the-life-of-jesus-christ?lang=eng
- Choose a neighbor and commit to bringing them a small Christmas gift.
- Call your missionaries and ask them who their investigators are with the intent to pray for them all (including the missionaries) by name, DAILY.
- Gather your courage and call/text/email or ask face-to-face a friend to your ward’s Christmas party and/or church on “Christmas Sunday”.
- Donate to the General Missionary Fund of the church. (Link on top of homepage.)
- Invite your missionaries over for brunch on Christmas morning (and allow them to call their families from your home!)
- Pray sincerely and earnestly for missionary experiences this wonderful season, when hearts seem to be more softened!
- Share this FYA (feel free to add ideas of your own!) with others so the work may continue….and continue…..and continue, until the Great Jehovah shall say, “The work is done.”
“The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done” (Joseph Smith. History of the Church, 4:540).
“Surely taking the gospel to every kindred, tongue, and people is the single greatest responsibility we have in mortality. … We have been privileged to be born in these last days, as opposed to some earlier dispensation, to help take the gospel to all the earth” (Howard W. Hunter. “Walls of the Mind,” Ensign, Sept. 1990, 10).
(Photos courtesy of lds.org media library)
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- GLIMPSES OF “THE HASTENING”!
- THE ABSOLUTE BEST FEATURE OF YOUR CELL PHONE!