There are a few classes I cannot wait to attend on the other side!
- Dinosaurs 101 (Were they really just too big to fit in the ark?)
- Adam and Eve – Question and Answer Hour (Eve speaks honestly about being married such a LONG time!)
- UFOs – Who Those Green Little Men REALLY Were! (I knew it!)
- Jaredite Barges – The Truth Revealed! (Was there a nursery barge? A party barge? A teenage girl only barge?)
Then, there’s the class I dread….
- What You Probably Don’t Want to Know – But Are Going to Anyway!
WHAT I HOPE TO NOT FIND OUT IN HEAVEN!
- I did not have to floss every day! Flossing every day is SUCH a pain!!
- That my pets really could understand me and thought I was crazy for talking to them like a little baby when they were really old women! (“Who’s my sweetest girly wurly boo boo? Is it YOU??? Yes it is! You’re my honey funny bum bum! Yes you are! YES you ARE!!”)
- That I could have had that second cookie!… All those second cookies!!!!…And my health and weight would have been just fine! Oh the tragedy!!!
- That artwork I passed up at the garage sale was really a priceless, undiscovered treasure! But I was too cheap to pay the 10 bucks!
- That when I slept at night, big, fat, ugly spiders walked across my face at least a dozen times in my lifetime. (I have awaken with a weird taste in my mouth more than once!)
Then – there’s the worst fear of all!
The thing I dread the most!
THE ABSOLUTE WORST THING I CAN THINK OF TO LEARN IN HEAVEN!….
….That my Father in Heaven and Savior, Jesus Christ sent people to me to learn the gospel, and I was
too worried about offending them,
too insensitive to the Spirit –
to do it.
And because I did not open my mouth, they were not blessed with the gospel.
I hope I do not learn that if I would have opened my mouth, not only would their lives have been blessed, but so would generations after them, and many other lives that they would have touched and shared the gospel with.
At some moment in the world to come, everyone you will ever meet will know what you know now. They will know that the only way to live forever in association with our families and in the presence of our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, was to choose to enter into the gate by baptism at the hands of those with authority from God. They will know that the only way families can be together forever is to accept and keep sacred covenants offered in the temples of God on this earth. And they will know that you knew. And they will remember whether you offered them what someone had offered you. (Pres. Henry B. Eyring)
Just one more reason I want to sink my sickle in this great and marvelous work of salvation!
Feature photo courtesy of http://bit.ly/17zFF8H